Sunday 18 September 2016

On the move

Sitting on the train on the way to Narita and must admit to feeling slightly apprehensive about this whole affair. Not really sure what to expect from extended waits at Moscow airport (boredom most likely, I know), not sure what to expect from Kazakhstan, possibly as I don't really have a frame of reference for the country, never having been to central Asia, and also not sure about the gig I have been given. They haven't really been very clear about what they want - help with earthquake preparedness, but I think I could probably do most of that by email. And they want me to talk in a assembly to the secondary school, not something I have done, ever. So for them to spend what must be not an inconsiderable sum to fly me out there and put me up for several nights in a swanky (looking) hotel makes me a little nervous.

I guess what I mean is, I hope I don't come across as a fraud and a waste of their money. Not often I have self doubt, but the lack of clear expectations has got me a-wondering...

Right, enough of the introspective self-deception, never was much good at it. New experiences here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is encouraged, just so I know that someone reads all this stuff