Sunday 31 October 2021

It's been a while...

 So the last time anything was posted in this here blog was my trip to Almaty in 2016, as you can no doubt see, dear reader, by the fact that this is the most recent post below.

 Anyway,  I think this may be an opportune moment to restart this blog as I will, in about 2 weeks, be leaving Tokyo and the Arakawa river to head up to Iwate prefecture in the Tohoku region of Japan where I will be starting a new job at a new international school set to open next year. To be honest I have started said job already and have been working from home since the middle of August, but the move proper will be from 12th November.

The Guru and Marcus will not be joining me, Marcus needs to stay in Tokyo so he can finish his A-levels (new school won't have those until 2024) so he stays and therefore so does the Guru. As such I will be solo, which is a touch daunting, but there will be others up there too, and hopefully some students this time next year as well.

For those of you not in the know Tohoku means snow and as I will be living in Appikogen it means a lot of snow and a lot of skiing. I've never lived in snow country before so this is going to be interesting...

Anyway, more to follow over the next weeks and months, in the meantime here are some photos I took when I was up there in August.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is encouraged, just so I know that someone reads all this stuff