Wednesday 10 November 2021

Space

 It's been a very odd feeling for the last few weeks as the apartment has slowly filled up with boxes of my crap that are going to Iwate. However this morning those boxes have been collected in super quick time by a spritely older gentleman and his big, younger, stronger mate who, to be fair, did most of the heavy lifting.

So now we have an apartment back and space to move about with kicking a box - the level of swearing is set to reduce markedly...

Of course I won't really be able to enjoy that space as I will follow the boxes up to Iwate on Friday, ready for their delivery on Saturday, 3 days to move some boxes feels a bit excessive but where I am going is a touch on the isolated side, it must be said.

This whole move is getting a lot more real now, the fact I will no longer be living with Marcus and the Guru in a couple of days is something I still can't quite get my head around. I know he will be off to university in less than two years but that would be leaving on his terms at the expected time, this is me buggering off before I should. I have guilt about this. The Guru and I will live together again as she will join me in Appikogen when Marcus departs these shores but for Marcus and I, barring holidays and whatnot, these are the last days. Could get totes emosh on Thursday evening as I doubt he will be awake by the time I leave on Friday morning.

Then again, as I reminded myself the other day, I am going to work in a school that routinely welcomes students moving away from their families so I can't really complain. I wouldn't put Marcus into this kind of school to be honest but it's what we are asking others to do so a little perspective is probably required.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is encouraged, just so I know that someone reads all this stuff