Saturday 20 March 2010

At last

So today, 3 months to the day after my ill-fated 10k, I was finally able to go for a run with enough confidence that my thigh/groin would be able to take it.

And I'm glad to say that the leg took it well and, this evening, I am able to move with no problems. Phew!

I must say I was a little worried, who wouldn't be, but I took it nice and easy and didn't go very far. I jogged at a gentle half-pace to the running track up the river (passing the preparations for tomorrow's Arakawa Marathon, which I will join next year rather than Tokyo as it starts about 500m from our apartment), did a lap of the running track at half-pace and then jogged back home, stopping to stretch at various points along the way.

Probably about 3k in total but I didn't time myself as that wasn't really the point. We'll see how it feels tomorrow, but if tonight is anything to go by I should be OK. Now I can get back into it again - I have really missed running - but it will be slow, steady and short for a while longer yet.

5 comments:

  1. Yep. I found your blog and read. Enjoyed and you are right it is hard to get new people to go back to the old stuff in the archives...the good stuff. But I will return and work my way through. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robert and welcome. Glad you like the blog and enjoy the archives, I always felt 2005 was a high point (England winning the Ashes and the birth of my son (in that order, obviously)).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are working out the kinks. Takes time to get back to exercising and running regularly.

    Hang in there. W.C.C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello W.C.Camp and welcome, thanks for stopping by. Did a load of cycling today and felt good so will go for another run tomorrow.

    Out of interest, what is a renaissance individualist?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog looks nice..
    Thank God that Japanese athletes are gettin
    world class coaching and facilities..
    One cannot blame the coaching..
    Here in India things are totally different
    Many taleneted sportsmen go unidentified..
    It's a Pell-Mell..
    Its a shame that a country having more than 100c
    population is still lacking a dozen of individual Olympic medals

    If you're interested then
    follow The Skylark

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is encouraged, just so I know that someone reads all this stuff