Thursday 18 April 2013

Tokyo Yamathon 2013


 This saturday i will be getting off my backside and try to give something back - I haven't done a great deal for charity, I must admit, though doing stuff for the Japan Scottish Highland Games was sort of for charity, as were the event for the St Andrew Society... so I have done a bit for charity but anyway, here's a bit more.

The Yamathon is a 12 hour walk-run-stagger around the Yamanote line in Tokyo, the Yamanote line is like the Circle line in London only thankfully a bit smaller - about 35km if you follow the tracks and I reckon about 40 if you don't. You get 12 hours to do it and my team and I reckon we can do it in 10 or less, so here goes.

My team is me, Charlotte, Ava and Alice - 3 colleagues from work who are decidedly younger and probably fitter than me (Alice ran Tokyo marathon in February) but hopefully I'll be able to keep up.

We are raising  money for Oxfam for their Democratic Republic of Congo project, details can be found here http://www.oxfam.jp/en/whatwedo/emergency_work/drc/

If you would like to donate please go to my fundraising page here http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=JustinBowdidge 


Should be a blast...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is encouraged, just so I know that someone reads all this stuff