Tuesday 3 June 2003

not a lot happened today

Is about the size of it really. Some olive tree pruning advice has come in from the parental quarter. "pinch out the new growth to encourage bushiness underneath" or words to that effect. Well, I shall undoubtedly give it a go and keep you informed of what happens. Also mention was made of the spelling and apparent non-use of the spellchecking facility - this is true but only so far as the good folk at blogspot have failed to provide the wherewithal to automatically check the spelling (I am only in blogger basic afterall, perhaps it is a feature of the superduper blogger extra service, which looks good except you have to pay for it, and that's not where I'm at, man). So I'm afraid it is dodgy spelling all the way. It doesn't help that I still have to look at the keyboard most of the time when I an typing, though this is getting better.

Ah, the other thing I was going to say was Congratulations to Paul and Ruth, who got married on Saturday. As I said on the phone, I would have sent a card and message etc, but the invitation you sent to us is still somewhere in Clanfield and so I never actually knew the date of the nuptualling. So sorry about about that and good luck for the future.

And watch out for Japanese bakeries. They are ok if you like your bread to be a) sweet or b) covered in cheese or c) covered in seaweed and fish eggs. Otherwise, you've had it. And the ready sliced bread you can buy in supermarkets is somewhat akin to soft squishy cardboard. Oh how I crave a granary batch...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is encouraged, just so I know that someone reads all this stuff